Through education and continued community involvement, Empty Bowls Monongalia will provide resources and broker assistance to Monongalia County agencies supporting individuals and families threatened by food insecurity.
Empty Bowls Monongalia Goals
Our on-going goals include:
- To raise as much money as possible to feed the hungry people in our county;
- To increase public awareness of hunger, food insecurity and related issues;
- To advocate for Arts Education;
- To provide a powerful service learning project for students of all ages.
Our short-range goals include:
- Strengthening our relationships with our recipients (meal programs, food banks) community;
- Strengthening our relationship with the business and corporate community;
- Strengthening our relationship with our art/pottery community
- Strengthening our relationship with our patron community;
- Promoting the Empty Bowls mission of supporting Monongalia County agencies that serve families threatened by food insecurity;
- Continuing to increase the number of non-perishable food drives to provide additional resources to local food pantries.
Our long range goals include:
- Being known as the primary organization in Monongalia County that focuses on food insecurity;
- Exploring the establishment of an endowment fund through Your Community Foundation;
- Exploring ways to maximize funds raised to maximize our contributions to agencies serving those living with food insecurity;
- Exploring additional ways to assist local agencies throughout the year;
- Creating a second major fundraising event to provide additional funding to the agencies that support the food insecure population in Monongalia County.